compare and contrast at least two different radicalization models that explain terrorist motivations 1 |cheapassignmenttutors.com
compare and contrast at least two different radicalization models that explain terrorist motivations 1 | cheapassignmenttutors.com
Compare and contrast at least two different radicalization models that explain terrorist motivations in a 5 page paper. In this research paper also summarize behavioral and psychological factors associated with disengaging from terrorism and describe what efforts or programs are most effective in countering radicalization and why.
Recommended Source: King, M. and Taylor, D. M. (2011). The Radicalization of Homegrown Jihadists: A Review of Theoretical Models and Social Psychological Evidence. Terrorism & Political Violence, 23(4), 602-618. You should start with this article and then use other sources as well to make sure you hit the 8 expected scholarly references for this research paper.
- The body of your report is to be at least Five FULL pages in length (not counting title page and references) and is to contain the following:
- A brief introduction, with the topic and your thesis
- A main body, containing the “meat” of the paper, where you provide the requested information supported by class readings and with your analysis
- A conclusion, summarizing your information clearly and concisely
Make sure you read the instructions carefully and that you focus your paper on answering the assigned questions. This assignment is a research paper, not an opinion paper, so you need to use scholarly sources to support your thesis. Use formal academic writing and do not use the first person such as ‘I’ or ‘my. Make sure you use APA style in-text parenthetical citations at the end of every sentence where you are quoting anotherâ€™s ideas (or any information) that is not your own thoughts and words, like this (Bergen, 2015, para. 14). Citations are required for paraphrases as well, but not the page or paragraph number in that case. You are welcome to use supplementary sources to compliment the assigned readings based upon your research, but make sure you use only scholarly and credible sources (do not use open websites and you never want to use wikipedia for a college level paper). Also, dictionaries and encyclopedias as well as general news sites (like CNN, FOX News) are not appropriate for college level research papers. You need to use mainly scholarly and reputable academic books and journal articles.
- Written according to the APA style and format (parenthetical in-text citation formats only; not end notes or footnotes);
- Use Times New Roman 12 point font;
- 1 inch margins on all sides with no paragraph indentation other than the first line by .5 inches
- Double space all text (no extra lines or spaces after a paragraph or section headings and no added font sizes or lines either)
- A respectable number of credible resources used, cited in the paper as in-text citations, and included on the reference page. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content (a minimum of 2 new scholarly sources per page in a research paper is acceptable). Use those academic and credible sources provided to you throughout the course, as well as other scholarly material obtained from conducting your own research. Freely utilize appropriate and reputable academic sources, summarize in your own words and cite accordingly.
- The paper must be free of typographical, spelling and grammatical errors (make sure to proof read before submission)
Finally, be mindful of excessive direct quotes as the paper should not contain just a string of quotations from sources. Make sure you comply with all academic integrity standards â€œQuotes cannot make up more than 10% of the text of your assignment.â€ So paraphrase where you can and provide your own analysis and synthesis of your research (direct quotes only when necessary to support your thesis). The bottom line for academic integrity is to write an original work for this assignment (not copied from anywhere on the internet or recycled content from your own previous papers) and to properly cite your references.