compare and contrast the leadership and communication techniques of former al qaeda leader osama bin laden with those of one other terrorist leader | cheapassignmenttutors.com
For this research paper compare and contrast the leadership and communication techniques of former al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden with those of one other terrorist leader. Select one other terrorist leader from al Qaeda or affiliated groups such as Baghdadi or Awlaki to compare and contrast with bin Ladenâ€™s leadership and communication approaches.
– Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham [ISIS] leader)
– McCants, W. (2015, September 1). The Believer. Retrieved from http://csweb.brookings.edu/content/research/essays/2015/thebeliever.html
– Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (2018). The Counter Extremist Project Retrieved from https://www.counterextremism.com/extremists/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi
– Atwan, A. B. (2015). A Portrait of Caliph Ibrahim. The Cato Review. Retrieved from https://www.thecairoreview.com/essays/a-portrait-of-caliph-ibrahim/
– Anwar al-Awlaki (al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula leader, online jihadist radicalizer)
– Shane, S. (2017). The Enduring Influence of Anwar al-Awlaki in the Age of the Islamic State. Retrieved from https://ctc.usma.edu/the-enduring-influence-of-anwar-al-awlaki-in-the-age-of-the-islamic-state/
– Anwar al-Awlaki (2018). The Counter Extremist Project Retrieved from https://www.counterextremism.com/extremists/anwar-al-awlaki
– Zimmerman, K. (2010, March 12). Militant Islam’s Global Preacher: The Radicalizing Effect of Sheikh Anwar al Awlaki. Critical Threats. Retrieved from https://www.criticalthreats.org/analysis/militant-islams-global-preacher-the-radicalizing-effect-of-sheikh-anwar-al-awlaki
- The body of your report is to be at least FOUR FULL pages in length (not counting title page and references) and is to contain the following:
- A brief introduction, with the topic and your thesis
- A main body, containing the “meat” of the paper, where you provide the requested information supported by class readings and with your analysis
- A conclusion, summarizing your information clearly and concisely
Make sure you read the instructions carefully and that you focus your paper on answering the assigned questions. This assignment is a research paper, not an opinion paper, so you need to use scholarly sources to support your thesis. Use formal academic writing and do not use the first person such as ‘I’ or ‘my’; see the OWL site on academic writing style. Make sure you use APA style in-text parenthetical citations at the end of every sentence where you are quoting anotherâ€™s ideas (or any information) that is not your own thoughts and words, like this (Bergen, 2015, para 14). Citations are required for paraphrases as well, but not the page or paragraph number in that case. I highly recommend you use the APUS writing guide which can be found in the university library or at this link: APUS Research Writing and Style Guide.
- Written according to the APA style and format (parenthetical in-text citation formats only; not end notes or footnotes);
- Use Times New Roman 12 point font;
- 1 inch margins on all sides with no paragraph indentation other than the first line by .5 inches
- Double space all text (no extra lines or spaces after a paragraph or section headings and no added font sizes or lines either)
- A respectable number of credible resources used, cited in the paper as in-text citations, and included on the reference page. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content (a minimum of 2 new scholarly sources per page in a research paper is acceptable). Use those academic and credible sources provided to you throughout the course, as well as other scholarly material obtained from conducting your own research. Freely utilize appropriate and reputable academic sources, summarize in your own words and cite accordingly.
- The paper must be free of typographical, spelling and grammatical errors (make sure to proof read before submission)
Finally, be mindful of excessive direct quotes as the paper should not contain just a string of quotations from sources. â€œQuotes cannot make up more than 10% of the text of your assignment.â€ So paraphrase where you can and provide your own analysis and synthesis of your research (direct quotes only when necessary to support your thesis). The bottom line for integrity is to write an original work for this assignment (not copied from anywhere on the internet or recycled content from your own previous papers) and to properly cite your references.