debate if china is likely to overtake the u s to become the world s top superpower in the next 20 years 1 | cheapassignmenttutors.com
Refer to attached document for more inputs for assignment.
In this assignment, you are expected to:
- Show competence in handling security studies.
- Show competence in communicating ideas in written form about security studies.
- Demonstrate competence in academic writing (political science and security studies).
Please note and comply with these requirements:
- 1000 words per question, no less than 950 and no more then 1100.
- Structure your answers in an essay format.
- Uphold academic integrity by providing proper in-text citations and complete referencing.
China should not take it for granted that it will overtake the United States to become the worldâ€™s top superpower, former commerce minister Chen Deming warned. At a forum organised by the Centre for China and Globalisation, a Beijing-based think tank, Chen warned that the country will remain â€œin the primary stage of socialismâ€ for a long period of time and said its economic size does not give it the leeway to dictate global rules. â€œWhen China takes part in global governance, China must follow a strategy of seeking multilateral cooperation,â€ Chen said. â€œDo not take it for granted that China is number two, and do not make the assumption that we will be the number one sooner or later.â€ â€“ South China Morning Post, 15 April 2019
Debate if China is likely to overtake the U.S. to become the worldâ€™s top superpower in the next 20 years. (25 marks)
Pointers to include during write-up are as follows:
- Decide on the side of the answer.
- Explain why if you think China will not take over or why they will take over?
- US recovery power is strong because of technology. The strong point of technology.
- Is China copycat for comparison?
- Mention about USD GDP, economic resistance. Maybe China will not take over?
- Look at raw resources, oil reserves for US and one of the largest. This allows US to control energy sectors.
- Another reason is US military spending. China is close to the gap?
- Technologically more advanced?
- US is way ahead in terms of firepower, US military was combat trained and backed by technology, state of the Art. Population and US have a younger population and this is an advantage to US, FROM 1 child policy to 2 child policy. China is still strong in terms of brain power?
Please include the above factors when attempting the question.