descriptive statistics project choose one of the attached data sets and analyze using the techniques discussed in class up to this point 1 |cheapassignmenttutors.com
descriptive statistics project choose one of the attached data sets and analyze using the techniques discussed in class up to this point 1 | cheapassignmenttutors.com
Choose one of the attached data sets and analyze using the techniques discussed in class up to this point. This includes the following:
- Find the appropriate measure of center. Discuss why the chosen measure is most appropriate. Why did you decide against other possible measures of center?
- Find the appropriate measure of variation. The measure of variation chosen here should match the measure of center chosen in Part 1.
- Find the graph(s) needed to appropriately describe the data. These may be done by hand and inserted into the Word document.
- Define a random variable (X) so that your chosen data set represents values of X.
- Is your chosen random variable discrete or continuous? Explain how you know.
- Would the Normal or Binomial distribution be a good fit for the underlying sample distribution of X? If one of them is a good fit, state how you would approximate the distribution parameters.
- Calculate the probability that a flight will depart early or on-time.
- Calculate the probability that a flight will arrive late.
- Calculate the probability that a flight departs late or arrives early.
- Assume now that the random variable X=Arrival Time is exactly normally distributed with mean m= -2.5 and standard deviation s= 23. Compute the probability of a flight arriving late based on this new information. Does this contradict your answer from Part 8?
Write a brief description (250â€“500 words) of the data set including the discussion required in the points above.
All calculations must be performed in Excel. The Excel file must be submitted as part of the report.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Complete and submit the assignment to LoudCloud as directed by your instructor.
This assignment assesses programmatic competencies:
6.1 Students will examine the sources of statistical viability and the role randomness in statistical inference.
6.2 Students will be able to select the appropriate probability distribution for a variety of data sets and estimate the parameters.
6.4 Students will be able to construct a sufficient representation of a variety of data sets.
6.5 Students will be able to distinguish between empirical and theoretical probability and the impact on calculations of probability.