discussion death amp dying in the 21st century | cheapassignmenttutors.com
For this discussion activity, view one or more of the following TED Talks related to “Death & Dying.”
- Let’s Talk About Dying (13:19) (Links to an external site.) – In this talk, intensive care doctor Peter Saul discuses the current experience of dying and how we should re-think the use of modern technology to “occupy death.”
- Beyond Life: Managing Your Right to Die (09:52) (Links to an external site.) – In this TEDx Talk, Dr. Allan Saxe discusses assisted suicide and the right to die.
- Death With Dignity (20:25) (Links to an external site.)– In this talk, Grace Pastine advocates for the choice of “death with dignity.”
- Living and Dying and the Problem with Hope(19:11) (Links to an external site.)– Dr. Leslie Blackhall, a palliative care physician, talks about accepting the process of dying.
- Playing God: A Trauma Surgeon’s views on Death vs Science (14:34) (Links to an external site.) – In this talk, trauma surgeon Russell Gruen discusses “playing God” and the many medical advances that are now prolonging lives and even preventing death.
Thoughtfully reflect on the issues discussed in the talks that you have watched. In your discussion, address the following points:
- What is the speaker’s point of view about the topic?
- What ethical issues and ethical reasoning are argued?
- Do you agree with the speaker’s point of view? Be specific and thorough. Express how and why you agree or disagree and discuss how ethics and values contribute to your opinion. Consider the theoretical concepts discussed in the module reading. Do not just state your viewpoint, rather provide relevant details to support your findings and/or position.
Make a succinct connection to the textbook and use in-text citation, e.g. (MacKinnon & Fiala, 2018, p.__). This way, I can see where you made the connection and in what context. Put the textbook as a reference at the end of your post.