Prepare a ten-page paper that includes at least five different scholarly references. Your final paper must identify a current public policy issue/controversy in the news today that would benefit from a policy change and include the following components:
- Describe and analyze the scope of the public policy concern. Be sure to address the following in your analysis.
- Who are the stakeholders and affected constituencies?
- What political institutions are relevant to the policy discussion about this issue?
- Is the public policy issue one that is faced by both the federal government and state governments?
- How much does the public policy issue cost Americans? How much would it cost to address the issue? If the costs are unknown, why are they unknown?
- Discuss at least three proposed policies to address this issue.
- Recommend a solution to the policy concern from those proposed. Be sure to address the following in your recommendation:
- Assess the administrative feasibility of the solution.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of the solution.
- Relate your recommendation back to the issues raised in the scope of the policy concern.