question below 66 | cheapassignmenttutors.com
Bow-Tie Analysis is one of many effective tools for communicating risk assessment. Discuss the bow-tie method and then provide another specific example of an effective tool that hospitals use for risk assessment. Which one would you implement in your area and why? Must provide specific examples of each being used and results. Discuss in what areas you feel a risk management analysis could be effective and why? Peers are expected to demonstrate critical thinking in their questions related to the classmatesâ€™ descriptions. See Discussion Expectations and Grading for rules on discussions.
Assigned reading materials:
- Bow tie –http://www.r4risk.com.au/Bow-tie-Analysis.php
- Bow tie – (Control>>Click>>From Drop down Menu select Open in New Window or Copy/Paste into your URL) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19591531
- Risk Management, Quality Improvement, and Patient Safety-(Control>>Click>>From Drop down Menu select Open in New Window or Copy/Paste into your URL) https://www.ecri.org/components/HRC/Pages/RiskQual4.aspx
- The Purpose of Risk Management in Healthcare-http://elearning.scranton.edu/resource/health-human-services/purpose-of-risk-management-in-healthcare
Theme 2: Research and discuss with your colleagues two health care challenges in the future for public or private health care organizations. You must select two challenges and discuss: How will these challenges affect patients and the health care organization? Be specific as to which type of health care organization you are dealing with [i.e. HMOs. PPOs, POS, urgent care centers, physician outpatient care surgical centers, etc.]. Peers are expected to demonstrate critical thinking in their questions related to the classmatesâ€™ descriptions. See Discussion Expectations and Grading for rules on discussions.
Assigned reading materials:
- Improving Ethical Decision Making in Healthcare Leadership https://www.omicsonline.org/
open-access/improving-ethical- decision-making-in-health- care-leadership-2151-6219-4- e101.pdf
- Ruger, J.P. (2011). Shared Health Governance. The American Journal of Bioethics, 11 (7), 32-45. See http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1752295 [you can download entire paper for free]
Theme 3: Choose ONE (1) question below to discuss and then respond to TWO (2) of your classmates answers (Try not to repeat others answers). Include the question with your response.
- What are the key differences between a strategic and operational plan? Explain.
- What is the statistics budget and how does it influence other budgets?
- What demographic factors impact volume and future revenues?
- What is variance analysis and why is it important to the budget process in a healthcare organization?
- What is a flexible budget, how does it vary from a fixed budget?
- Compare and contrast zero-based versus incremental budgeting?
Make sure you are properly citing your source(s) and providing your reference(s) for information you obtain from another source. Please review the Discussion Expectations and Grading posting if you have any questions regarding answering the discussion question and/or responding to your peers.