A Walk in the IT
The final assignment for this course is a Final Paper. The purpose of the Final
Paper is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course. The Final
Paper represents 32% of the overall course grade.
Focus of the Final Paper
Assume you are an information technology (IT) director for a small, growing
firm and are tasked with developing an electronic resource security policy to
deploy within your organization. The policy needs to protect the organization’s
valuable electronic assets but be flexible enough to accommodate employees as
they execute their jobs. It also needs to address communication and data
security aspects such as remote data access, smartphone access, and internal
electronic communications such as instant messaging (IM) and e-mail. Note that
a policy is different from a plan. Be sure you address primarily the policy
aspects of this task.
Using the lecture, supplemental resources, and your own research,
- Discuss the differences between the terms
implementation and policy. Describe the importance of their
- Develop an outline of your security policy which
addresses the areas identified in the prompt. Utilize information from the
course including the lectures and weekly reading. Be as specific as
- Identify the policy differences between users who work
remotely or use wireless hotspots compared to users who work on site in a
traditional office environment.
- Discuss how you would implement your security policy
within the organization including how employees would be apprised of the
new policies. Explain which elements are critical for a successful
implementation of your policy.
- Must be a minimum of five double-spaced pages in length
(excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style
as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a
succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must include a minimum of five sources which may
include the text. Of these sources, three must be from the Ashford
University Library or from IT industry standard periodicals.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in
the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is
formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing
Include a minimum of five sources,
one of which may be the textbook. Of these sources, three must be from the
Ashford University Library or from IT industry standard periodicals.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper
review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used
to evaluate your assignment.
I NEED IT CITED WITHIN THE TEXT AND REFERENCED AT THE END